Hello friends from Spain

• Hello friends from Spain

Sorry for my bad writing. I use google translator.

I'm staying here with you to learn more.

I made our first cell and now we will start the second cell. We set up a company dedicated to this but we need to acquire more knowledge. I would like to know your opinion. We are in Spain.

Photographs of the construction process.

Thanks!!!!

• Hola Uro-Camper (?)

nice piece of work and nice documentation. maybe helpfull for people with similar projects, thanks for sharing this with us.

unfortunately my spanish is years old and non existant anymore

buena fin de semana adios, bernhard

• Hi,

looks like an interisting construcktion. I have never seen before that sandwich plates were connected with wooden corners.
    How will this be sealed so that there is no water intrusion?

Gruß, Holger

• Hello, Uro-Camper,

I am not quite sure about your wall-construction. Are those made of wood-polystyrol-wood or of glass-fiber reinforced plastic - polystyrol - glass-fiber reinforced plastic? In both cases: is it correct that you only use primer and paint to seal the frame against the wall-plates? If so I am afraid of problems in the future of the cabins: any damage (by branches of trees or distortion while driving in terrain) will cause intrusion of water into the walls or the frame and your cabin will rot away from the interior...

Most professional cabin-manufacturers do not use wood inside the cabin-structure anymore because of the danger, intruding water means to the life-cycle of the cabin... If wood in the walls, then keep the outer layer as waterproof as possible (primer and paint is not enough for this job) and the inner layer should be as permeable and capable of diffusion to allow intruding water to dry up as fast as possible.

Best luck for your project
    Leerkabinen-Wolfgang

die nächsten Festivitäten in http://www.Bodenheim.de:

03.-05.05.2024: Leerkabinen-Treffen

erstes Juni-WE (07.-10.06.2024): Weinfest - Stellplatz nicht nutzbar

dritter Sept.-Samstag (21.09.2024): Weinprobe in den WeinbergenStellplätze und V+E vorhanden! Bei Fragen eMail/PN an mich

• Hello.

Water does not enter into the walls ever. This is impossible.

After applying the primer applied a plastic spray. It is a polymer that wraps around the cabin. It is a shock resistant plastic. Waterproof.

In the following video you can see an egg wrapped in this plastic

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

You see there is no wood. No joints. Only plastic.
    Now we start with the furniture ..........

• Hello Uro-Camper, aka Tribu, ;)

this is a very interesting project.
    But don't let us wait that long for your final pictures. :wink:
    The final version of the white colored cabin and to cover the interior with the polyurea looks good.
    (I've seen the other pics already). 8)

I think it is a good idea to protect the cabin with that stuff. I've something similiar on my truckbed.

How is the thickness wich is sprayed on the surface of the cabin and the furniture? My question is because of the added weight.

It is a pity that you're that far away from me. Over 2TKm is a bit to far to have a preview of your project.

Will you produce cabins like that as a company?
    Or is it only to show the possibilities of your normal business?

You should also show your project on Germanys biggest platform for Truck-Campers:
    http://www.wohnkabinen-magazin.de/
    Their are certainly a lot of people interested on your cabin.

Btw:
    Das besprühen mit so einer Polyurea-Beschichtung ähnlich wie Rhino oder Nasornhaut,
    ist sicher auch ne gute Alternative für die immer mal gern genommenen Siebdruckplatten für den Kabinen oder Anhängerbau.
    Damit erledigt sich auch das "Dichtigkeits-Problem". :wink:

Gruß Ralf

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Questman (25. August 2011 um 15:40)

• ... z.B. von Golieth Trans-Lining - ich glaube, Tobi hat sich von denen die PUR-Beschichtung in die Naßzelle sprühen lassen, ich selbst habe mir dort die streichbare Version zur zusätzlichen Abdichtung (und UV-sicheren Abdeckung) meiner GfK-Profile gekauft.

Viele Grüße
    Leerkabinen-Wolfgang

dritter Sept.-Samstag (21.09.2024): Weinprobe in den WeinbergenStellplätze und V+E vorhanden! Bei Fragen eMail/PN an mich

• Zitat von jfk

nur wo bekomm ich das Zeug her?
    (Answer for that german Part above: Where do i get this stuff?)

Gibts hier und dort unzählige Threads. ;)
    Suchbegrife:
    Ladeflächenbeschichtung
    Polyurea
    Polyuretan
    PU-Beschichtung
    Mit PU-Beschichtung meine ich Polyurethan-Beschichtung ala "Rhino-Linings", "Nashornhaut", "Trans Lining",
    oder auch das Zeug was "MaTTec" als Protecta-Kote oder
    Hercules zum Selbstaufpinseln vertreibt um nur einige Beispiele zu nennen.

Nur selber machen hat nicht die selbe Qualität, wie naß in naß gespritzt.
    Aber frag mal Michael und Cordula.
    Die können solch einen Polyurethanlack besorgen der ähnliche Eigenschaften hat

Gruß Ralf

• Questman Hello!

I will put all the pictures already.

The applied thickness is 2 mm. The weight of the Uro-Camper Kubic 1.0 is 360 kg with furniture included.

You can apply least 2 mm thick but offers much resistance.

I would like you to have the honor to submit to us in the forum http://www.wohnkabinen-magazin.de/

If all goes well we want to open a manufacturing company.

Thanks.

• Hi Uro-camper,

Zitat von Uro-Camper

...The weight of the Uro-Camper Kubic 1.0 is 360 kg with furniture included. ...

your cabin looks quite pretty! But such a small cabin and 360kg? That's quite a lot! I'm in contact with other manufacturers about my new dismountable cabin (bottom length 2.8m, height 2.3m, width 2.1m with an alcoven of 2m length and 1m heights) and we are talking about 300 to 350kg (without furniture) for this much larger cabin...

But nevertheless: I wish you all the best for your plans...
    Leerkabinen-Wolfgang

• Hallo Uro-Camper

Wie stark ist das Sandwich
    Welches Material hat das Sandwich , Holz oder GfK ??

Translate Google

How strong is the sandwich
    Which has the sandwich material, wood and fiberglass?

Qué tan fuerte es el sandwich
    Que tiene el material del emparedado, madera y fibra de vidrio?

Gruß Rudi

• Zitat von Rudi

Hallo Uro-Camper

Wie stark ist das Sandwich
    Welches Material hat das Sandwich , Holz oder GfK ??

Translate Google

How strong is the sandwich
    Which has the sandwich material, wood and fiberglass?

Qué tan fuerte es el sandwich
    Que tiene el material del emparedado, madera y fibra de vidrio?

Strong:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Sandwich: pvc + Foam + pvc

Jetzt mitmachen!

Mit einem Benutzerkonto kannst du das womobox Forum noch besser nutzen.
Als registriertes Mitglied kannst du:
- Themen abonnieren und auf dem Laufenden bleiben
- Dich mit anderen Mitgliedern direkt austauschen
- Eigene Beiträge und Themen erstellen