Kabinen-Selbstbau in Island

• Hi Krissi!

Sure you can! Most of us are able to write and read at least a little bit english - and if somebody does not,the others in our forum will try to help. So: ask!

Best regards and have a nice weekend
    Leerkabinen-Wolfgang

die nächsten Festivitäten in http://www.Bodenheim.de:

03.-05.05.2024: Leerkabinen-Treffen

erstes Juni-WE (07.-10.06.2024): Weinfest - Stellplatz nicht nutzbar

dritter Sept.-Samstag (21.09.2024): Weinprobe in den WeinbergenStellplätze und V+E vorhanden! Bei Fragen eMail/PN an mich

• Zitat von Leerkabinen-Wolfgang

,the others in our forum will try to help. So: ask!

hi Krissi,
    very welcome to this (crazy) forum.
    Iceland :D -
    I certainly would like to come to your home and give the answers personally ...
    (if only my wife would let me...)
    greetings
    Ralf

der Urologe

Vorsorge tut gut - KAT fahren

• Hi
    The thing I am wonderin if you made the outer fiber panels your self of did you by them and glued them on the cor insulation?
    I have a MAN 8,136 4x4, tht I goot from the Danish army that I will convert to a 4x4 camper.
    Regards Krissi

• Krissi,
    in case you are wondering about my undertaking -

yes I bought the fibre layer and glued it to the core
    see
    http://www.womobox.de/phpBB2/viewtop…t=3747&start=75

nowadays I would probably produce the complete sandwiches myself including
    reinforcings at distinct places and electricity channels....
    the glueing of the huge fibre panels with enough (???) pressure is a very
    delicade procedure.
    greetings
    Ralf

der Urologe

Vorsorge tut gut - KAT fahren

• Hi Krissi,

the common way to build up a cabin of one's own is buying complete sandwich walls and gluing them together, stabilizing the edges with Alu- or GfK-angle profiles. This way you get an accelerated progress and there are only less possibilities to make mistakes.
    Building the sandwich plates by your own is difficult - if you have no one with expirience on hand I would not recommend this way! If your gluing is not perfekt the result can be a shorter life expectancy of your cabin, and this would be a k.o.-criteria for me...

Best regards
    Leerkabinen-Wolfgang

dritter Sept.-Samstag (21.09.2024): Weinprobe in den WeinbergenStellplätze und V+E vorhanden! Bei Fragen eMail/PN an mich

• Hi Krissis,

I made the sandwiches by myself, using a special PVC core (Airex) with very thin layers to reduce weight. Pls find the pictures on page 1 of this thread. I agree with Wolfgang. It´s really a lot of work and there are many possibilities for mistakes. I also recommend to use complete sandwiches for building the cabin.

Regards, Michi

• Zitat von GOWEST

I made the sandwiches by myself, using a special PVC core (Airex) with very thin layers to reduce weight ...
    I also recommend to use complete sandwiches for building the cabin.

Hi

Manufacturers such as paneeltec now offer similar sandwiches. (PUR/PET/PVC)
    1mm fiberglass with high strength woven glass fibers. (Same strength as 3mm normal material)
    Through a 3mm special honeycomb insert the panel is actually very resistant to point loads.
    With a weight of ca. 6.1kg per square meter at 50mm thickness including gelcoat. (with PUR/PIR)

Grüsse Willy

• Hi Michi (GOWEST)
    I hawe been folowing your progress on your truck.
    Did you make the outer scell in your sandwichpanels or did you buy sheeds and glued it on the core (Airex)?
    Non of this material is awailible in Iceland
    So I was thinking on making the panels my self by buing the core and the outer shel and gluing it together.
    I hawe not found any manufacturer of comleed panels fearly priced (It is wery expensif to inport compleed panels to Iceland)
    so if I inport to Iceland the material neaded for making the sandwichpanels It will cost me less.
    If you or sommeone can send me a leenk on companys that makes copleed panels or the material used.
    Best regards Krissi

• Hi Krissi,

what makes the sandwich plates so expensive for you? Do you have to pay a large tax? Or is the shipment of the plates so expensive? If the second: how large are the plates you need? Maybe it is possible vor Iceland-visitors to transport the plates on the roof of their cabins? Only an idea....

The foam-inlay of the sandwich plates ('styrodur, jackdue etc.) you will be able to get in icelandian building supplies stores, I would suppose. And the GfK-coating you can get in rolls at (nearly) every sandwich producer - I got mine at http://www.anhaenger-selbstbau.de ...

Best regards
    Leerkabinen-Wolfgang

• Gefällt es dir hier im womobox-Forum?
    Dann würden wir uns über deine Unterstützung freuen! Mit nur wenigen Klicks kannst du uns eine Spende via Paypal zukommen lassen. Bitte jetzt

• Krissi,

I did not use glass-fibre sheets for the outer and inner layer. I made it with glass filament fabric and epoxy resin. The layer material I bought here: http://www.r-g.de/de/

I don´t recommend to do it in this way!!! You need a lot of equipment, if you don´t have experience in this field, you can´t be sure to get an acceptable quality and the work didn´t support your health.

Best regards, Michi

• Hi
    And thanks for the info.
    The taxes of these panels and the shiping of a panels in my size, Side panel (5500 x 2050 x 50 mm.) are high to Iceland.
    I contacted Paneeltec and they are quoting me what I need.

Best regards Krissi

• Hi Krissi,

you are two years early: I hope to be able to have my new cabin build in 2014, at least 2015 - and then Iceland would be the number one target on my wishlist. Panels of your size would fit perfectly onto my roof ;)

Maybe someone else can do the transportation-job...

CU (maybe in 2015 ;) )
    Leerkabinen-Wolfgang

Jetzt mitmachen!

Mit einem Benutzerkonto kannst du das womobox Forum noch besser nutzen.
Als registriertes Mitglied kannst du:
- Themen abonnieren und auf dem Laufenden bleiben
- Dich mit anderen Mitgliedern direkt austauschen
- Eigene Beiträge und Themen erstellen